Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Few Before and Afters

My house is far from done, and most of it looks like a bomb exploded with boxes and unpacking and the neglect that happens when you don't keep house at all. But, here's some before and after pictures of some of the rooms we've done. I'm really hoping that I can have to whole house unpacked by this weekend, but I don't have any complaints. With every brush stroke and patch job I put in this house, I love it a little bit more.

Dining Room
Craft/Food Storage Room

Annie and Alex's Room
Livingroom 1
Livingroom 2
Nursery

10 comments:

millerjk said...

Your house looks so good...I am so impressed with the progress you made. Can't wait to see more pictures and to see it in person (someday, eventually!) Keep posting on your progress.
Love you lots!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the pics:) Your Place looks awesome!

Brooke Snow said...

It looks awesome!!! I love before/after pictures! You should be so proud of yourselves! That takes so much work! I love the colors you've chosen and I'm a huge fan of hardwood floors! They look beautiful! Well done!!! Congrats on the new place, you'll love it!

John and Erin said...

Nursery!? You've already set the Nursery up!? Are you expecting to have to use it soon?

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

Wow!! What a lot of work! But I like the dark floor stain. And a storage room - what a blessing!

V said...

I was browsing through the pictures and I thought "some of the pictures look really nice and some looked nice but not as nice....and why did she paint the room 2 different colors" and then I remembered the before & after part. Haha! Unlike Alex, I didn't listen.

You have a model home---it is absolutely gorgeous! All your hard work really paid off.

Anica said...

It looks wonderful Penny! Thanks for the pictures! You've done a lot of work!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Go You! The floors look great. And I wondered about the nursery comment too... :)

pennylutz said...

No, I'm not pregnant, I just don't want to give my kids seperate rooms just to have them think a baby is kicking them out in a year or so. So it's the nursery for now, just with no baby :)

out numbered said...

I love the floors, they turned out great! The colors add so much. I have to admit I am a little jealous of it all! So fun. I look forward to visiting soon.