Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Alex's New Tie

I guess Alex has been kind of jealous of all the sewing I've been doing for Annie. While we were at Jo Ann's recently, he asked me to make him a dress out of some Christmas Thomas the Tank Engine fabric he found. Well, of course I'm not going to make him a dress, but I've been trying to find him some new ties for church, so I suggested we do that instead. That just left the problem of how to make a toddler tie. Thanks to David Hober and a look at the clip on ties from the Children's Place, I figured out a fairly simple way to make one. Alex was so excited to have a Thomas tie all his own, it's not perfect, but practice makes perfect, right?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Sew cute!

Anica said...

Are you taking orders? I know someone who would be thrilled to own a Thomas tie. By the way, have you thought of opening an Etsy store? You're so talented.