Tonight we had the ward Trunk or Treat event. We get to sample yummy chili and oh and ah all the cute costumes. And there were a bunch of adorable kids tonight. Alex was mostly looking forward to trunk or treating. He knew exactly what he was supposed to do and went racing from trunk to trunk yelling, "Trick or Treating!" You could see the excitement in his cute little face. Annie of course doesn't remember doing this last year, but it only took her two cars to learn that if she held up her bucket, people would put candy in it! As we were nearing the last of the cars her bucket was getting too heavy for her to hold, but she wasn't going to let anyone pry that bucket from her. Daddy tried to help and she screamed at him.The part of the night I found the most interesting was when we got home from the trunk or treat. Alex was yelling "Happy Halloween" the entire drive home and telling me all about all the candy that he got. He was so excited about it. So I expected him to eat half of it in no time. But curiously he didn't eat any of it. He looked at it and marveled at it and wanted to open it all, but didn't eat it. I was getting kind of worried about the sanity of my toddler, but he eventually did ask to eat the pretzels, and then a piece of chocolate. I remember looking at my candy at Halloween, and wondering how I was going to make it last the longest, but he's only two. I didn't expect this behavior yet. On the flip side there is Annie. She was begging me to open her candy and had three pieces in her mouth at once while asking me to open some more. There was chocolate running down her stomach and she looked at her brother's candy with a greedy expression. I had to separate the two of them a few times as she lunged for his open but uneaten candy. She threw quite the temper tantrum when I called bedtime and made her get PJs and teeth brushed. She screamed all the way to her bed where she was asleep within a minute.


I'm excited to go trick or treating with them again tomorrow. I have as much fun watching them as they do getting the candy.
2 comments:
Ah! The "trunk" in "trunk-or-treat" refers to the trunk of a car. I've always wondered that.....never been to one.
They are adorable!
Post a Comment