Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mom's don't get to call in sick...most of the time.

I woke up this morning feeling terrible. I thought I was just beyond exhausted from staying up too late lately, but after hugging the toilet a few times, I knew it was more. On a normal day, Shaun would do his best to keep the house up and running, and he'd do ok with feeding the kids and doing nap time, but at the end of the day the house would look like mommy had been sick all day. Today was different. I had another mommy in my house. Sheri did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, made dinner, and cleaned up. She made me lunch and Sheri and Shaun went on three Slurpee runs. I am so thankful for all the help Sheri was too me. It left Shaun open to clean up after and take care of Alex, who hasn't learned how to throw up in the potty yet! I hoping and praying that this is just a 24 hour bug and that I'll be up and around tomorrow. But for now, I'm going to let the other adults in this house take care of me. Depending on how contagious this is, I may be returning the favor before too long.

2 comments:

Anica said...

Sorry that you are sick. I hope you feel better soon-and no one else gets what you have! I'm glad you have lots of help to take care of you! :)

Bonnie said...

I hope you get feeling better and I am so glad to hear that your sister is in town taking care of you:)