Thursday, October 2, 2008

Annie's Surprise

Thank you Aunt Tamra, Uncle Jeremy, Sami, and Alyssa! Annie got a surprise in the mail today when a package showed up with her name on it. It was a doll with her own stroller! She loves it, Thank you!
Now Annie doesn't have much exposure to all things girlie. Erica has been getting on my case for months now that Annie needs toys that are more geared to little girls. Annie plays with balls, trains, and cars most of the time. So Erica got her a tea set for her birthday. She doesn't really understand how to use the tea set. That could be attributed to her very young age, but I blamed it more on the lack of older girls around to teach her about girl things. Annie loves shoes and hair bows, so I know she's not lacking in girlie genetics, but girl toys vs boy toys, I really didn't think kids cared or noticed. Well, I didn't show her how to use her stroller. I just took everything out of the box and was giving Alex a lecture on how these were Annie's new toys, (his mindset is what's mine is mine, what's hers is mine) and she put the doll in the stroller and started to get very excited. She plays with her baby and pushes her around the room. It's so cute! So there you go, Erica, Annie now has her own doll and her very own stroller, and I will do better about getting her her own truly girlie things. Next on the list, a purse, I think.

3 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

She is so excited! I would be too if I got a doll with a stroller in the mail.

E said...

I just have to make sure that my future daughter-in-law is brought up properly:) We all know that I am not the most girly person! Yes, we must start the purse and dress-up collection soon. Don't forget that I have the same problem in reverse. I need to invest in some male toys before Isaac follows his brother's path and I start getting black mail pictures. Thank you Tamra!!!

Laurel said...

Freakin cute!