and screwed all the pieces together. It was so fun to chat and learn with my mom. We didn't screw it up too many times, and we even solved some dilemmas about making the ladder. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, and both of us got to laugh at the other person (a few times) when we were about to make very obvious goofs.
Six trips to Home Depot later, we got his bed put together. It's made completely from 2x4s and a 2x10. I still need to paint his train table and fill in the screws with wood putty, but other then that, it's good to go.
On the last trip to Home Depot I was looking at the paint trying to find a cheap brand to get the green grass color for his train table. The cheapest paint I could find was about $8 which is lots more then I was willing to pay. My brilliant mother suggested I find the "oops paint." They had a quart of paint that apparently wasn't the right shade of off-white. They were able to mix it to the color green I wanted and it only cost me a dollar! I'll have to remember that for future projects. Alex seems to like his bed though you could tell he was a little nervous about sleeping "way way way high." His bed is actually only four feet up, but to a three year old that would be high. In the end he laid in his new bed for 2 minutes before he started snoring.
I'm so glad that this project is done. It's been floating around my brain for over a month now and it's great to see it and know I can move on to my next project. And, I couldn't have done it without my mom.
8 comments:
Wow. Dave and I are very impressed with your craftswomanship! All-in-all how much do you think it cost you? And the $1 paint was a steal! Good job!
It cost about $50 all together. It's made for toddler mattresses so I couldn't have bought it if I wanted too.
That is awesome! I am so glad you were able to accomplish what you set out to do:) I love the train table on the bottom and it looks like Alex does too.
Penny, this is incredible. You amaze me.
WOW! Penny you are amazing! And when you do have baby #3 Annie & Alex can share the bunk bed.
But really that is amazing! And it looks SO good!
What is your "next project" that you were referring to?
WOW! You are so creative! I would have never thought of that! I love space saving ideas! Way to go!
Do you want to help me make one too? I wish I had the guts to go through with all of my ideas. You're amazing.
Brooke told me about it. We're all in awe. Way to be.
Post a Comment