Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Sunday of the Year

I knew today would be an eventful day. I watched Alex walk into his new Sunbeams class. Now, when he graduated from junior to senior nursery, he complained for months that he wanted to go back to his old class. He did eventually accept his new class. I kind of expected a similar transition. After all sunbeams don't have toys or snack time! I was pleasantly surprised when we walked him to class and he sat nicely in his chair and didn't seem to care when we walked out. He acted so big! My baby is in primary. And I did ok. I was more proud of him for being so good about the transition that it kind of trumped any other feeling. And after primary he was so excited to show us his new Book of Mormon and his primary song CD. I did have to laugh when I picked him up. In primary they don't let the kids out until a parent comes to pick them up. Well, I've been looking at him lately like he's soooo big, but, when I got there to pick him up Alex was this tiny little kid and a sea of big kids. I guess he still really is a little boy.
Oh, and can I tell you what a fan of 11:30 church I am! Annie was beyond tired by the time we got home, but it was nice to take our time this morning instead of rushing out to be at church by 8:00.
Shaun and I are trying something new. We separated all the kids toys into three bins and every first Sunday we will switch out the bin. Today was the first Sunday that we packed up one bin and took out another. You would have thought we were the worst parents in the world form all the crying and tears. Luckily the loss of some toys was quickly forgotten as they saw all the "new toys." Some of these toys they have had for a while but haven't played with much. Now that they are new again, they're getting played with. It made me an instant fan of toy rotation.

1 comment:

E said...

He wasnt' sad this time because he wasn't leaving Andrew behind. That was the worst in January last year--Andrew all of the sudden had a hard time in nursery and I know it was because Alex wasn't there. I miss by babies...give them hugs for me!