Lately I've been asking the kids how old they are when I'm handing out treats. Since Alex is three I give him three vanilla wafers; Annie's one and a half she gets one and a half wafers. Today we were getting ready to drive home from church and Alex had a bag of goldfish.
Mommy: "Alex can I have a couple goldfish, please?"
Alex: "Well, Mommy, how old are you?"
Mommy: "Twenty nine."
Alex: "Whoa! One, two, three, four....(counting fish into my hand)"
Mommy: "Thanks, kid, that's plenty."
********
I've been listening to Annie really closely the last few days and I swear she's singing parts of "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." Today I had been singing that song with Alex for a few minutes and then handed Annie off to Shaun to get something done. Shaun then heard her singing the same song. I knew I wasn't crazy.
********
We must sing quite a bit in the house cause our kids already sing quite a bit. Alex is starting to put his own words into established songs. For example, "Jesus wants me to eat Jello instead of Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. Shaun's favorite though is when Alex is playing alone in his room and we hear him singing "do do do do" to the Star Wars theme.
No comments:
Post a Comment