Friday, January 9, 2009

Skiing

When my mom called me last month to plan a visit she wasn't subtle in telling me her real motivations. She wanted to see me and my kids, but she was really coming to go skiing. She loves to ski and it's just not something they get to do much in Florida. She was really sad when the weather reports showed absolutely no snow in Virginia or in Pennsylvania where the ski resort is. Luckily the resort does make snow and there was a good base on the ground. The fake snow wasn't bad at all actually. It wasn't powder or anything, but it was easy to ski on. I've only been on the slopes once and that was back in 2004 so we took another beginner class. That was perfect since I had forgotten just about everything. And I like to ski, but my favorite part are the ski lifts! We had so much fun and neither of us fell on the slopes. I can tell that a couple muscles groups are going to be in so much pain tomorrow morning, but it was worth it. Liberty also has a tubing run that I want to take Alex and Annie back to. They would love it.

No comments: