A few months ago I bought a canister of cornstarch. It looked a lot like most baking powder containers and was the least messy cornstarch I've ever bought. Normally I manage to break the box or rip the paper bag cornstarch often comes in. So when I ran out of starch this week, we went to Walmart to get another can. I guess it was a limited time thing. They only had the boxes this time. So fine, I got a box and dumped it into my other wonderful container. I had about a cup of cornstarch left over that wouldn't fit and my mom reminded me of the cornstarch and water putty we used to make. I figured Alex would like it and maybe Annie would come watch. For those of you not lucky enough to have ever played with this stuff, it's cool stuff. If you poke it really fast or hit it, it doesn't give under your finger, but if you hold it or slowly touch it, it turns liquid. Alex did think it was cool. He and his friends made a nice little mess playing with it. Annie was more into it. By the time she decided she was done playing she was covered from head to toe in white powder. Her white lips were evidence that she tried to eat it too. And the best part was that even though the kids made a huge mess, you couldn't tell an hour later. All the cornstarch just fell off their clothes after a while.
What a fun mom you are! I'm so sorry (and embarrassed) that we didn't arrive to pick-up Bradshaw until 12:30am! We got to the metro at 11...and I had no idea it was that late until I saw the clock at our apartment. Anyway, thank you, thank you! And please let us make it up to you.
2 comments:
Is it just water and cornstarch?
What a fun mom you are!
I'm so sorry (and embarrassed) that we didn't arrive to pick-up Bradshaw until 12:30am! We got to the metro at 11...and I had no idea it was that late until I saw the clock at our apartment. Anyway, thank you, thank you! And please let us make it up to you.
Post a Comment