
Like everyone else, I like to complain about certain situations in life from time to time. It seems as humans and Americans we always want a little bigger house, a little nicer car, or a few more days vacation time. Lately I've been given a, what I'm sure is just
temporary, new perspective on things. A friend of a friends five year old daughter has a brain tumor and 3 to 6 months left to live. Another friend of a friend's had two sons in the hospital recently; one for meningitis and the other for surgery on faulty glands. This same dad was just diagnosed with
inoperable bone cancer and given 18 months. I've heard so many stories lately of families torn apart and struggles with infertility that it makes my everyday woes so insignificant. They are my woes and of course I'll have to learn my part from them, but I'm so glad to have my two happy, healthy babies and a wonderful husband. I really should be counting my blessings a few times everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment