Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Historic Day
I didn't actually vote for the new president but I really do hope things go as well for him in his presidency as everyone has hyped him up to do. Since we live so close to DC and we knew that this would be a historic event and we knew how very busy things could get, we decided to not leave the house at all. We heard from others how great things were on the Capital Mall and how you could feel the patriotism in the air. I'm glad everything went so well for all involved. And I'm also glad we didn't move. I'm not the kind who likes to sit in one place for very long, but it was kind of nice having a whole weekend where we didn't go anywhere at all. We played with our kids and played lots of Harvest Moon. We cleaned our apartment and did a bunch of laundry. We got to watch a couple children for other people who joined in the festivities in DC and our kids had so much fun playing with them. It was a great weekend. Of course, now that it's past, I'm ready to get out of this house and do everything and anything away from these four walls tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment