Today Shaun turns thirty! He seems to be taking it with much more grace then I did. With the stomach bug circulating around our family we skipped having a party, but we had some cake and presents. I got Shaun a lawn mower for his birthday...isn't that just such an exciting present :). I had great plans to clean spotless some of the rooms in the house that have gotten bad during my 2 months of hibernating on the couch, but the stomach flu interrupted my efforts. We've now known each other for a third of his life!I've been wanting to write a post to brag on Shaun for a while now. For months now he has been going above and beyond expectations. He's picked up the slack for me when I haven't been feeling well. He's been doing more then his part around here. When Annie and then Alex got woke up getting sick every hour, he's the one who got up with them and let me sleep... even though he had to work the next day. And watching him with Annie and Alex has just brought a smile to my face. I watched him read "Green Eggs and Ham" with Annie tonight (letting her recite the parts she knows) and it brought me close to tears... of course everything brings me close to tears these days (we'll blame that on the hormones). I gave him a huge list of major projects to do around the house and yard as the weather warmed up and he's almost got it all done. He's done a hundred little things that have just made me thankful that I'm married to him.
1 comment:
Happy birthdya uncle shaun!!! we love you
Post a Comment