Friday, April 2, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival

I love going to the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival every year. The flowers and trees are gorgeous and I love the excuse to take adorable pictures of my cutie pies... well maybe in years past. This year my kids have gotten bigger and are developing their own little personalities so instead of the charming pictures I usually get, this year I got a lot of this...I will say that they still gave me quite a few good smiles, especially Annie, who was anxious to see cute pictures of herself in the LCD screen of the camera.
Usually I try to go see the blossoms before the peak of the season, but because of a few days of sick kids this year we didn't get there until the day everyone else was there. We got to ride the cherry blossom shuttles and we did a whole lot of walking as we enjoyed looking at the trees and the other people there. I know it's a madhouse at the Tidal Basin during Cherry Blossom Season, but it's one of those things I just have to go see every year.
I can't remember if I've told this story, but I grew up in Florida. We didn't have the kind of spring blossoms that other states get, so in Primary, when I learned the "Popcorn Song" I didn't get it at all. I thought it was just a cute nonsense song. It wasn't until I went to college and had a spring out west that I understood that there was meaning to that song. I love it that Annie and Alex already get it.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love your kids! They are so so cute and I boy is Annie gorgeous!