In a continued celebration for the love of food, I took the six frozen bags of blackberries out from the bottom of my freezer to use them. I've learned that I'm actually not a huge fan of blackberries. I like the taste, but I can't get past all the seeds. So that means no eating them plain or in smoothies or in some kind of fruit salad. But I did find a recipe for a Berry Crisp that looked pretty good and decided to try it.
Mixed
Berry
Crisp- 6 cups frozen mixed berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries), unthawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine berries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to blend well. Transfer berry mixture to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Combine remaining 3/4 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, spices and salt in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist clumps. Sprinkle over berry mixture. Bake crisp until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It's DELICIOUS! Even though I don't have any ice cream I've still been eating it right out of the pan!
2 comments:
So glad you can put those blackberries to use:) Yummy
Great to hear that your food aversions seem to be gone.
Post a Comment