I haven't been as diligent with Annie and her education as I was with Alex. With Alex we would talk about our letters in the tub and then eventually we started talking about the lower case letters. Annie hasn't had that kind of instructions. Every now and then I'll point out a letter, but I think most of what she knows comes from Alex and Starfall.com. I know, I should be better.Today we were trying to occupy Annie for a bit so I started to write the letters to her name, one at a time and then ask her what the letters were. She knows how to spell her name so it didn't surprise me that she pointed them all out correctly. So I moved onto her last name. When I wrote out the "u" I didn't do a very good job and she answered "j.' This really surprised me. I didn't think she knew that letter. So Shaun and I took turns writing both the upper and lower case versions of all the letters and except for two of the lowercase letters, she answered them all right. When did she learn that? So my hats off to Annie for learning it and to PBSkids.org and Starfall.com for being diligent in teaching my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment