Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

For the weekend we traveled down to Williamsburg to hang out with the Snows. Actually we dropped the kids off for the first night and Shaun and I played at Virginia Beach. We haven't been to the beach since before we got engaged, and it was a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of actually swimming in the ocean, but I love walking along the water line.
We got a hotel on the oceanfront, and our view was beautiful.

I was nervous about leaving my babies for a night, but it ended up being ok for everyone. The Snows are so good to my kids. They took great care of them. Alex and Annie even got to go to Bush Gardens with them. There is a kid get wet section that Alex loved, and Annie got to chew on a turkey leg. They didn't get to stay as long as they wanted, they sky let down with buckets of ran, and they had to come home.

We all got to go to the Snow to Go place that Erica loves to much and I can see why. It was the best snow cones I'd ever had. I wasn't so sure about having ice cream in my snow cone, but it was excellent. It was great to get to hang out with the Snow family for a weekend. We love them so much!


When Alex was 20 months old, I was getting a little worried about his speech. He was saying maybe 5 words. Then he went to live with the Snow family for two days when I went to the hospital to have Annie. He came to see me the first day and meet Annie, but I didn't notice much of a change in him. The second day, he came in with dinner and said, "Mommy, fries, ketchup, nuggets!" What! When did he learn to talk!? There were a few other things that he started to say that day. It's like spending a few days with Eliza and Erica was the key to unlocking his ability to talk. This weekend was no different. He has learned countless words since Annie was born. And he has started to string them together to make phrases and sentences. But I swear after spending a weekend with his buddies, he's learned another level of speech. He is using the little connecting words and his sentences sound better. So I ever think Alex is slipping behind the learning curve for speech, I'm going to send him up to play with Eliza and Drew for awhile...they will fix him quick.

Little Story: For the last two days Alex has been saying something that I just could not understand. He was telling us that his trains needed to go to the shed... but it didn't sound like shed and the sentence sounded like, "Mommy, the trains need to go s**t." He kept saying it over and over again. It wasn't until this morning that he added "go to the shed" so we could understand him. It still sounds like profanity every time he says it!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

How ironic! Will and I are headed to Williamsburg on Friday for our anniversary! Guess it's the cool thing to do, eh?

E said...

I DID NOT teach Alex any new Vocabulary. My mouth has been much cleaner since I am trying my darndest to keep Eliza clean:) Alex can come stay with us for speech lessons anytime! Tell him to call Andrew whenever and maybe Drew will like talking on the phone.