
Shaun and I have been married now for 6 years! I'm so glad that we got married. We've had our ups and downs, and even at our lowest downs I wouldn't give him up. He's my best friend. He makes me laugh all the time at the dumbest little things. I'm so glad that I get to keep him. One day in Sunday School, we were having a lesson on marriage (they do that a lot in singles wards). Shaun raised his hand for something and said, "If I had to write a list of everything I wanted in a wife, Penny would not be it. She is more than that list. She has qualities that I would have not asked for, but that are perfect for me." Six years later, I still feel the same way. He has some qualities that I wouldn't have asked for, but that have turned out to be great. For example, he started discussing our family budget while we were on our honeymoon.
I like the idea of doing a timeline so here's ours.
January 1999- Meet in my apartment.
March 1999- He finally dumps his long distance girlfriend, and I kiss him.
April 1999- I'm totally falling for him, BUT he hasn't served a mission yet. I'm not waiting for a missionary.
Summer 1999- We instant message all summer.
October 1999- He leaves for a mission in New York. I'm still not going to wait for a missionary.
October 1999-October 2001- I write him every week.
October 2001-December 2001- DRAMA! Shaun gets home from his mission. I'd been dating a boy since he left. It was all drama!
February 2, 2002- Shaun tells me he'll never marry me. It was the worst day of my life, it hurt to breathe.
February 14, 2002- We get engaged!
May 2002- We both decide to not get married but neither of us ever say anything.
August 17, 2002- Get married in the Orlando, FL temple.
September 2004- Move to Virginia.
December 25, 2005- Have our first baby, Alex.
September 4, 2007- Annie joins our family.
Who knows what we will be doing six year from now!
4 comments:
Those pictures are soooo cute! Happy 6 years!
You two are so cute! I love that picture of you holding him.
What a fun story! Hey, thanks for the advice about telling the guy... I wrote out a long (3page) explanation and emailed it to him yesterday. I don't know how he'll respond, but I feel good about finally letting him know that I love him :)
In 6 years, you'll have #4, a house with a yard, and money running out of your ears! We'll be next door neighbors and no one will know whose kids are whose, unless they look really carefully at the family resemblance. Sigh, I look forward to it!
Post a Comment