Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby's got a new pair of shoes

Alex started walking in the middle of October, so as soon as he was sure on his feet I got him a pair of tennis shoes. It was just getting to cold for him in DC to just wear the soft soled shoes. I loved those tennis shoes. He had such little feet that he ended up wearing them for the next nine months.Alex December 2006 at Disney
Annie could probably get away with wearing her soft shoes for a while longer since it's still summertime, but sometimes the occasion just calls for a little hardier shoe. I found a pair at The Children's Place Outlet last summer for just $3! They are so cute on her. I thought I would just put them on her for a little while to see how she liked them, so an hour later I took them off so she could go barefoot around the house. She got mad at me! She brought me the shoes back so I could put them back on her! A friend of a friend told me about her granddaughter who was obsessed with shoes at a ridiculously early age, and secretly I thought they might be exaggerating a tad, but Annie may be setting me straight. Last week when we were visiting grandma, Annie got so excited when we walked into the shoe department at Walmart. Maybe it would be a good thing for her to be a shoe fanatic. She could teach me a thing or two.

2 comments:

E said...

That's my girl--now if she woudl only grow soem hair and insist on you fixing it...

simplyso said...

Yep, that's our little priss pot! Well, at least the heels of her feet won't crack so badly!!!