Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sprinkler Park

My children love the water, but they aren't huge fans of the sprinkler parks in Arlington. My guess is that the water just goes too high and they don't like having water fall on their heads. I've taken them to the sprinkler parks four or five times this summer and each time the two of them get minimumly wet. Alex runs around the outside of the water, just getting his feet wet. Annie likes to touch the water, but doesn't venture all the way into it. I bring towels and extra clothes and they just don't get very wet... until today. It was playgroup, so off to the sprinkler park we went. Today is a beautiful day. It was probably around 75 degrees and barely breezy. You don't get a better day for the park. We got there a half hour early so I let my kid roam free and do whatever they wanted. It wasn't long before they found the water. I didn't bother to change them into swimming clothes, because, again, my kids rarely get wet. But not today. They pick the one day that it's chilly outside to have fun in the water. They splashed and chased each other and got wet from head to toe. They loved it... for about 5 minutes. Then Annie walks up to me and signs "all done" and Alex follows closely shivering. Luckily I had extra clothes on me so they warmed up quickly. The one day it's chilly!
After that they stayed away from the water and contented themselves with the sand box. I'm going to be finding sand for a week.

3 comments:

E said...

It was a man who decided that it was a good idea to put a sand box next to the sprinkler park...kind of like those emergency buttons on elevators.

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

I love the picture of Alex helping Annie in the water. Their expressions are so funny!

flem-fam said...

I had fun hanging out with you yesterday!