Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bike Trailer

I loved going on bike trips with my parents. They would ride everywhere with us on the back. Ever since I put my own kids in a trailer and pulled it to get our traditional slurpees, I've been wanting a trailer of my own. But we have a problem. We live in this tiny apartment and so we don't have anywhere to store a bike. I figured I would wait until we got a house someday with our very own garage and then I would get my bike and trailer and I would cart my kids all over our new town. And then our plans were delayed a little bit and I realized that I want to start carting my kids around now. So I'm not waiting for a bigger house or a garage. I will make this work. I started looking into bike trailers a few days ago and found out that some of them have the ability to fold up for smaller storage, and then I was hooked. I searched the internet for different brands and reviews and prices and bargains. The problem was that I couldn't find anyone who carried the trailers and had them on display so that I could test it before buying it. I dropped by Target today to see what they had, and I found a trailer that I'd seen but not looked into much, mostly because I think the primary colors are ugly, but aside from that, it has the features I'd been looking for... and it was on clearance! I figured I could put it together and test it at home and return it if it was awful. But I think I'm going to really like it. The kids fit in it just fine and it's really light. Alex knew instantly what it was. As soon as I had him and Annie strapped in he requested a ride to the nearest 7 Eleven. I'm excited try it out now...all I have to do is get a bicycle to pull it with.

1 comment:

simplyso said...

That's my boy!!!! Alex is a boy of my heart. And Penny, I'm soooo glad for you! You guys are going to have a blast.