Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Random Moments

Alex's response to watching a couple kids running around Jerry's Pizza:
"Mommy, we don't run in restaurants. We sit down and shhh (while holding his finger to his mouth). We only scream outside."

After getting in his carseat on our way home from the park:
"Mommy, I get in my seat. I listened to mommy. That's my job!"

My luck with the UPS man is not good. Most of the time he comes in that few minutes that I'm not home. Today I needed to do laundry and it was earlier then the UPS guy normally would get to our house so I felt safe going down the hall to start a load. But I know my luck so I checked out the window to make sure the big brown truck wasn't there. Then I quickly got my laundry started and when I got back into the apartment I checked out my window again. And there he was, the big brown van, and a note on my door. Luckily I got to him before he pulled away. He had to have been waiting for that 3 or 4 minutes that it takes me to get my clothes in the washer to get to my house. But, I got my package... a new lens for my camera!
I never thought that I would be a very girlie mom. I wasn't a very girlie kid growing up. But I'm having so much fun with a little girl! I love the dresses and the pig tails. Shawna taught me how to make these barrettes with the flowers in the middle and all the curly ribbon. I love them!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Cute Hair! I love pig tails:) I am glad you got the UPS guy.

E said...

I love it!! Rembmeber your lens tomorrow maybe we can do something fun:)