Saturday, July 5, 2008

Everyone loves Mommy

My mom taught me that when you hit a major developmental stage in a baby's life, they tend to become very clingy over the next few days. The reasoning is that in the beginning, babies don't understand that they aren't a part of you, and so they, for example, walk, they realize that they have a separate identity. I noticed this a little with Alex, but not much... but then again, he was the center of my attention for 14 hours a day. He couldn't have gotten anymore attention then he did. Annie, on the other hand, is showing this pattern. Yesterday and today she has wanted me to hold her much more than normal. She didn't want to take her naps since it involved me leaving the room. Honestly, it's been kind of a pain. She plays well by herself and sleeps by herself. I've had to give her much more attention then normal, buy I'm kind of thankful for it. I don't know her as well as I know Alex. We don't get the kind of one on one time that Alex and I did. She's such a funny little girl. She has a cute little sense of humor. And she already knows how to get what she wants. She's started signing "all done" and what I think is food or eat. I'll be happy when this super clingy stage passes, but for now I'm enjoying the time with her.

1 comment:

Anica said...

Aww...she is so cute!!
Are you using an external flash?