In one way being stuck in this house has been very time consuming, but on the other hand it's left me with a lot of time on my hands. I'm just about to go screaming out of the house, but I don't trust Alex in a car seat just yet. He's doing really good, but car rides leave a kid with time to be bored or just mischievous. My friend, Erica, has piddle pads for her kids when they are potty training. They are basically a seat cover that's absorptive on one side and vinyl on the other, so if your child has an accident, you are cleaning the pad instead of the whole car seat. With all this time on my hands, I decided to make one, and with the time left after that, I decided to blog about it! I took two cloth diapers (thank you Millie) and put a Glad Ziploc bag...gallon size... in the middle. Then cut out slits for the straps and sewed up the edges so they wouldn't frey. I'm only going to make one for now, so hopefully he doesn't piddle in his car seat too often.

4 comments:
I've never heard of piddle pads before, but that is genius. You are a genius for figuring out and making one yourself. You could seriously sell them...I'll need some next year!
That is awesome! When you decide to make more, please keep your nephew in mind, the last thing we need is for the car to smell like sour milk AND urine. :-)
Wow! You go girl! You could seriously market these...at the very least...shower gifts!
Wow! Those are cool! You do have way too much time on your hands, though. how on earth do you find time to post so often??!!! :) We miss you guys tons! Let's skype soon! loves!
Post a Comment