Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Uncle Rick's Present

We have a wonderful house guest right now. It's Alex's "Uncle" Rick. He's about the best guest you could ever have. He helps around the house and he and Shaun have fun playing Battlefront 2 until the wee hours of the night. He's also been giving a lot of encouragement to Alex. He lets him know how proud he is when Alex goes to the potty. This morning when Rick and Shaun went to work I found this just for Alex.
When he realized it was for him, Alex was quick to ask for one. What a gift for a 2 year old!

Update: Alex is doing so much better! Ever since his success last night, he's gone all by himself a half a dozen times. Apparently putting stickers on the wall is a better reward then candy and drinks. I also think he's a lot like me and wanted to do it cause he wanted to and not because I wanted him too. I hope we keep this up, though I still have a pile of rags for accidents.

3 comments:

simplyso said...

I love this picture!! And what an intuitive lovely gift Rick gave!

E said...

Can I tell you how much I love my husband?!?!?!?! This made me cry reading it.

Anica said...

Glad to hear potty training is going better. It does ease up and when it's all done and said, it seemed like it didn't take as long as you thought. I think DJ did well with stickers and a chart better than candy too.