Thursday, July 17, 2008

I got tagged!

I think it's funny that these get to know you questions have migrated from the e-mail world into the world of the Blog. I actually liked this one since it's all about Shaun and I. And it'll be fun in the family history files.

1. What's his name? Shaun...Daddy...sweetie...turkey head, depending on what he's doing.
2. How long have you been married? Almost six years. Our anniversary is the middle of August. We are a BYU success story.
3. How long did you date? We had our first group non date on February 14, 1999 (he still technically had a girlfriend in New York) and then he left for his mission that October. I wrote him every week, and we had some drama when he came home off his mission. We got engaged February 14, 2002, and then married in August. So we kind of "dated" off and on for those three years.
4. Who eats more sweets? I make cookies with the kids a lot, and I like dipping into the ice cream container ever so often, but Shaun has a stash of candy in his desk at work, so I would say it's about even.
5. Who said I love you first? That would be me. It was one night where we had gotten into this big fight (we did that a lot) and I don't remember even why I said it but I did... at like 1 am... I'm just glad he said it back.
6. Who is taller? Shaun is 6' and I'm 5'3" so I think that makes him taller!
7. Who can sing better? Probably Shaun. I can hold my own in a choir, but I would never sing by myself. Shaun loves to sing and was in choirs in high school and at BYU. I do most of my singing in front of a one person audience with the lights all turned off at night. Annie likes it better when you sing to her a little louder then a lullaby, so it's been fun to belt it out for her.
8. Who is smarter? It depends. Shaun can read something and have it all memorized, but I'm a harder worker who does a bunch more studying. He holds more intellectual conversations than I do too. He talks about computers, politics, and the economy, and I talk about parenting techniques, diapers, and all the cute stuff the kids did that day... my topics my not be as intellectual, but they are more fun to talk about!
9. Who does the laundry? It's about a 70-30 split. I do most of it, but on Saturdays, and days he's home from work he does some too. He's really good about putting it away right after too. I have to take the clothes right out of the dryer and hang them up or it makes me crazy thinking about them wrinkling in the dryer. I also live in an apartment with a separate coin op so if you don't get your clothes out right away, someone else my do it for you.
10. Who pays the bills? I pay the rent, utilities, and insurances. Shaun takes care of the credit card bills. At first I paid them all, but when we moved here and I didn't have as much Internet access as he did, we have him the credit cards. He also set up the budget and program to keep track of them, but he handed those all over to me, so I'm the one who keeps track of how much money we have. I like it that way. He also has no idea what things come out of what budgets, so it looks like I'll always have that job.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, it's closer to where the bassinet would be, and to the door. It's easier for Alex to get me in the middle of the night if he doesn't have to walk all the way around.
12. Who cooks dinner? Shaun would rather starve then cook. So I make dinner just about every night, and he does all the dishes and cleaning up. I don't think he minds on days I'm too tired to cook, since there is no clean up when you eat out.
13. Who drives? I DO! Shaun drives very cautiously and it makes me crazy. I'm a big control freak too so have to have the wheel. I did discover this weekend that I'm just fine with him driving freeway miles on long trips, but anything in town, I have to do.
14. Who is more stubborn. Shaun will say that it's me, and though he may be right, he's quietly stubborn too. And when you have two stubborn people reproduce, the kids are completely stubborn! We are seeing that in our kids already.
15. Who kissed who first? I kissed him. We were sitting in the back of a car on the way to pick up my sister from the airport. My friend made a U turn and centripetal force made Shaun lean into me some... I took the opportunity and kissed him. I had to kiss him twice more before he finally kissed me back. Some hogwash about trying to mentally prepare himself for a mission.
16. Who asked who out first? I called him to confirm this, but I don't think we ever did ask out. We just started kissing, and we didn't even really date, since he was going on a mission, and I wasn't going to wait, and neither of us had money or a car to date. So we just hung out all the time. When he got off his mission we still just hung out. He was my universe so we were together as much as we could be.
17. Who proposed? He did. He made dinner as special as he could. We had absolutely no money so he went to DI and found a table cloth and glass flutes (that didn't match :) and his sister helped him make dinner. He had told me that we were going to go out to dinner, and that he would pick me up. After he was 20 minutes late (I can't stand it when he's late!) he told me his sister wouldn't let him borrow her car and that I should just come over. I was so mad! That didn't last long. He proposed halfway through the night with an ok ring. I was so glad when he said it was fake and that my ring just wasn't done being made yet. I got my ring a month later. He showed up on my doorstop in his pajamas at sunrise. He started spouting something about the sun and the future, and I was just wondering what in the world he was doing. Turns out he had my ring. I loved it!
18. Who wears the pants? I do, but he borrows them now and again.



Per tradition I'm supposed to tag someone else. So I tag my little sister, Sheri. She hasn't been blogging enough lately anyway!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a cute picture:) You are a great couple.

Sheri and her Men said...

Thanks girl! Look for my update soon!

Anica said...

Love, love, love this picture of you two. You guys are so cute and I love your wedding pictures. I learned some new things about your relationship.