Monday, July 14, 2008

Potty Training Day One

This is the first of a few potty training posts. I've never done this before. I'm hoping that potty training is a learned skill and that I will somehow teach this kid who has been wearing diapers for 30 months that he can wear underwear and go in the potty. I read a book called, "Toilet Training in Just One Day," which says that it takes the average kid only four hours to potty train using his method. Well, my kid must be slow or extremely stubborn, cause it's been 6 hours and we are no where close. He knows how to do it. He's gone in the potty a few times. He can walk into the bathroom and go to the potty. He can pull his underwear up and down. He can dump his potty seat. He knows how! He just doesn't act like he has any interest in doing it. I think he is more interested in wetting all his underwear so he can wear every pair of cool underwear I just got him...we've gone through seven pairs this morning. One day at a time, right? As my mom would say, he won't go to college wearing diapers!

No comments: