Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today's Antics

I wasn't worried about Annie walking because there isn't much that kids can do and get into walking that they couldn't get into cruising. And for the most part, I think that's true. Annie can't get into anything more now, but she's bringing me things. I guess she feels like a big girl now, and she does have two free hands now, so she randomly brings me things all day. I was typing on the computer and she walks up to me with the syrup bottle. A few minutes later she gives me a play baby bottle... A1 steak sauce... dish towel... and a toy train. I'm not sure what her motivation is in bringing me everything, but I hope it translates into her being helpful when she gets a little bigger.

When Alex was going down for his nap, he asked to go visit Daddy at work when he woke up. We didn't have anything planned so I agreed. We took the "Daddy Bus" to the metro station and then got on his favorite train... he loves the yellow line since it goes over the Potomac River... and it looked like we'd get to Daddy without a hitch. We were transferring to the blue line and he started throwing a fit as we got on the train. After dragging him onto the train, I sat him down and when he gained control, I asked him why he didn't want this train. "This train makes me so sad. We need a different train." Well, we were running 15 minutes ahead of schedule so we got off of the next stop. We stood there for the next train, and as it was approaching he said, "This train will make me so happy. The other train makes me so sad!" So we got on. I'm not sure what the difference was in the trains, or if it was just a control thing, but we managed to get to Daddy right on time.

1 comment:

Anica said...

I loved "Today's antics!" I thought about doing something similar to this soon. I've already had a couple of antics today that are blogworthy!!