Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mr. Fix It

It started out simple enough. We had all gone out for a walk and I let Alex ride his little bike. Well, I noticed that the back piece was loose so it was making it harder for him to steer. When we got home I pulled out a tool and tightened the nut. Now, I'm not much of a fix it person. I watched my dad fix all kinds of things growing up so I can go somethings, but don't ask me the name of the tool I used because I would have no idea. I did fix Alex's bike and I even let him turn the tightening tool... wait I'm going to Google this thing to find it's name... no that didn't help...let's call my dad... of course he would know, it's a Dogbone Bike Wrench!!

Ok, back to where I was, I let Alex help fix his own bike, and he loved it. He doesn't have the coordination to actually use the wrench. I remembered that Grandma and Grandpa in Oregon had gotten Alex a tool set for Christmas. I had put it away cause he wasn't into tools yet, but they made their grand entrance yesterday. He spent a good hour "fixing" his bike.

Annie came to be his lovely assistant. He tried to fix her head with a wrench a few times. When that didn't work, he tried the pliers. Apparently that worked better.


Well, today he disappeared. We heard him in the back of the apartment, which is dangerous. The bathroom and my bedroom are back there. Who knows what he was getting into. I went to go check on him and low and behold he was fixing the bathroom wall! There's what looks like a tear in the wall paper that's been painted over 12 times. I've since watched him fix the kitchen table, his rocking chair, and Annie's leg. It's so cute to watch him focus all his attention on his imaginary task. I love watching the imagination develop in him!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

How cute is that? Clark likes fixing things with tools too. It must be a man thing:)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

That is SO cute! Does this mean there is hope that Joseph will grow out of his "destruction" stage and grow into a "fix it" stage? Oh i hope so!